The Global Association of Master's in Development Practice Programs (MDP), in collaboration with the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), will hold the Sixth Annual International Conference on Sustainable Development (ICSD) on 26-28 September, 2018, at Columbia University in New York City.
If you would like to present at the conference, please submit an abstract as directed below. The deadline for submission is May 1, 2018. The conference is also open to observers (i.e. non-presenters). Simply register on the conference website to join us!
The conference theme is Breaking Down Silos: Fostering Collaborative Action on the SDGs. The aim of the conference is to bring together persons involved in research, policy, practice, and business. Participants will share practical solutions for achieving the SDGs at local and national levels. Abstracts should be directly relevant to one of the following Topics:
- Linking Policy, Operations, and Workforce toward Meeting Global Health Goals
- Opportunities of Marine Natural Capital for Sustainable Blue Growth
- Metrics and frameworks for assessing Sustainable Urban Development
- Ensuring Public Engagement and Accountability for Sustainable Urban Development
- Climate Change Adaptation in Coastal Towns and Small Cities
- Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience Building in Agriculture
- Economics and Demography of Natural Disasters
- Clean and Affordable Energy as a Keystone for Sustainable Development
- Globalization, Value Chains and Decent Work
- Indigenous Approaches to Understanding and Practicing Sustainable Development
- Mainstreaming Gender in Agenda 2030: Interlinkages between Sustainable Development Goals
- Breaking Down Silos in Government Administration
- Breaking Down Silos in Universities: Imaginative Interdisciplinary Approaches to Sustainable Development Research, Education, and Practice
- Collaborative Arts & Culture to Help Achieve the SDGs
- What's Law Got to Do With It? Legal Preparedness for Delivering the SDGs
Interested presenters should submit an abstract of at least 300 words but not exceeding 500 words, in English, by 1 May, 2018, via the conference website. Each abstract may only be submitted once and under one Topic. Failure to answer questions on the submission form or the submission of the same abstract under multiple topics is likely to result in the abstract being declined.
We're here for you if you have questions! Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.